In the competitive world of commercial real estate, the SIOR designation stands as a symbol of excellence. Furthermore, It’s designed for professionals who specialize in industrial and office markets, recognized for their exceptional expertise and leadership.
Specializations for Every Expert
With six distinct categories, the SIOR designation offers specialization in:
- Industrial & Office (Dual)
- Sales Management
- Executive Management
- Advisory Services
Unlock Benefits with SIOR Designation
Unlocking the SIOR designation opens doors to a world of professional advantages. Gain prestige as a top-tier expert, become part of an elite global community of 3,000 practitioners, and earn instant recognition as a trusted authority. Additionally, stand out within your network, foster enduring relationships, and enhance your transaction success. Stay ahead with ongoing education and tap into a vast global referral network spanning 38 countries.
The Path to SIOR Designation
- Education: Complete the required coursework through the SIOR Center for Career Advancement (CCA). This includes core courses such as Ethics & Professional Standards, Construction & Development, and Understanding the Lease Agreement. Additionally, you’ll choose three elective courses from a list of options. Elective credit can also be earned through other recognized designations and graduate degrees.
- Work Experience: The experience required varies depending on your chosen specialization. For Industrial, Office, or Industrial/Office specialists, a minimum of five years of documented experience is necessary, along with active engagement in the field. Sales and Executive Management specialists have their own specific experience requirements.
- Volume Requirements: Each specialization has minimum production levels that must be maintained, measured by Gross Fee Income (GFI) and the number of transactions. This ensures that designees are actively engaged in the market and consistently closing deals.
- Exam: Pass SIOR’s Comprehensive Membership Entrance Exam and complete an online ethics course.
- Professional Affiliation: Maintain membership in good standing with the National Association of REALTORS® and the Society of Industrial and Office REALTORS®.
- Letters of Recommendation: Provide formal endorsements from two active SIOR members who are not part of your firm.
Invest in Your Future
Earning the SIOR designation is an investment in your commercial real estate career. Furthermore, it opens doors, enhances credibility, and places you among the industry’s elite. In fact, it’s more than a designation; it’s a path to success and recognition in the industrial and office real estate world. The Onward Real Estate Team at Keller Williams has an abundance of knowledge in commercial real estate and is always willing you help you reach your professional and investment goals. Your goals are our top priority, and we’re here to guide you every step of the way.